Troubleshooting for a Great Website Idea
Knowing how to create a website is a useful tool for making money at home, but the content is more important. How does the webmaster find the best idea for a website?
Making a successful website requires two important ingredients: Firstly, the technical knowledge of how to create a website. This may include purchasing a domain name, finding a reliable website hosting service, related skills such as formatting text, producing quality images, and creating a great home page. Some hopeful entrepreneurs employ a web designer to do these things for them.
But regardless of how impressive the website might look, it would be of little use if it offers little information or anything different. Hence, the second ingredient is vital: the idea. Much thought should be given to the reason for the website’s existence.
Which Ideas for a Website?
Before creating the website, the webmaster must have a master plan. The following should be avoided if the website has any hope of success.
- Using an old, overused and overpopulated idea
- Using an idea that is of little interest to the webmaster
- Not thinking the idea through properly
- Not having a clear picture of his intended audience
Looking for the Ideal Small Business Opportunity
Reflection is therefore vital and the following may help the webmaster come up with the idea that suits him best. The following questions require addressing:
- Does the webmaster have a hobby or obsession?
- Does the webmaster have qualifications, valuable skills or experience in a specific area?
- Has the webmaster experienced frustration when searching for information or for a service online, and could this “gap” be turned into a niche business?
- Does the webmaster have access to, or is able to create a quality product that could be sold online?
- Does the webmaster have an insatiable curiosity and is willing to learn more and conduct thorough research?
Creating a website is an organic process and mistakes are bound to occur. For this reason, the following qualities are also required:
- Lateral thinking in problem-solving
With the ingredients just mentioned, anybody has the potential to make money from great website ideas for businesses. But it is worth bearing in mind that no idea should be overlooked. One need only look upon what is sold on Ebay to see how one person may value something another may consider as worthless.
Unusual and New Business Ideas for Websites
The most unusual ideas can be made into work from home businesses. Examples are:
- Alex Tew’s Million Dollar Home Page where businesses have the opportunity to buy a pixel for a dollar (minimum purchase of $100) to display their logos and a link.
- Stuck for Gifts offers gift advice for different occasions, for any person and for any budget.
- Further examples of unlikely-sounding ideas for websites are Friends Reunited and MySpace.
Internet Business Opportunities
A flashy looking website is not enough to attract visitors. The content is vital to its success. But not any idea will do. The webmaster must select an idea that holds a personal passion, is original and possesses a new angle or fills a gap in the market. Looking at other websites may inspire further ideas. But no idea should be disregarded as worthless, for there are many different types of visitors constantly looking for a diverse array of products, services and information.